All 12 boys and coach safe after Thailand cave rescue

All 12 boys and coach safe after Thailand cave rescue

They say the four boys and coach rescued Tuesday, after other rescues in the previous two days, are all safe.

Underscoring the danger behind the mission, Ivan Karadzic said, "They are diving in something considered an extremely hazardous environment".

A Thai well wisher puts a poster to pray for boys and their football coach.

Two of the boys are thought to have lung infections, but there are no serious complaints to report.

But while Narongsak Osatanakorn, the head of the joint command centre co-ordinating the operation, acknowledged Musk's offer he said that the mini submarine would not have been practical for the cave rescue.

Rescue teams walk inside cave complex where 12 boys and their soccer coach went missing, in Mae Sai, Chiang Rai province, in northern Thailand, July 2, 2018.

The three Navy seals and a doctor who accompanied the boys in the cave complex are still inside.

On Sunday, a drone was seen flying over the Tham Luang cave system, hovering dangerously close to a rescue helicopter.

They are part of a youth soccer team known as the Wild Boars. The third day of the intricate and high-risk mission aims to rescue the remaining boys and their coach and also bring out a medic and three Thai Navy SEALs who have stayed with the teenagers in their dark refuge deep within the sprawling cave.

The Thai navy SEALs added in a Facebook post: "We are not sure if this is a miracle, a science, or what".

Simmee Oupra has volunteered as a translator for the past 10 days at the press centre near the cave where 12 young boys and their soccer coach have been trapped for nearly three weeks. Six of the 12 boys on the soccer team attend her school. Officials said the first mission lasted about 11 hours, while the second mission was two hours faster. Musk appeared to deliver the submarine to the rescuers in Thailand, tweeting that he would leave it "here in case it may be useful in the future", adding, "Thailand is so attractive".

It's likely once the rains became heavy, water flooded through the main entrance of the cave and seeped through the limestone walls. He posted photos of the cave interior and a video showing people working their way through chest-high water.

Mr Karadzic, who the BBC reported was stationed near a hard stretch of the cave about halfway along the escape route to replace oxygen tanks and help guide people through, said the rescue workers had feared the worst.

The first eight boys to exit the cave have been recovering in quarantine in Chiang Rai hospital. One of the boys initially had a heartbeat that was too slow, and some had low white-blood-cell counts, but they have since been stabilized.